The Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup is a foundation designed to blend away blemishes, neutralize redness, treat existing breakouts and keep them from coming back. It contains .5% salicylic acid and is therefore considered a “medicated” foundation.
I decided to give this a foundation a try because I love Clinique foundations, and I was looking for one with a matte finish that was good for oily skin. According to the Clinique website, this foundation is suitable for skin types from combination-dry (type 2) to very oily (type 3). I have combination oily skin (type 3) and this foundation works amazing well for my skin type. In my experience, I probably wouldn’t recommend this to someone with normal to dry or very dry skin. While the salicylic acid content is very low, it still may end up drying areas of the skin that are in need of extra moisture.
- Medium to full coverage- great for everyday use.
- Great packaging! Love the squeeze top applicator.
- Very easy to blend. Doesn’t dry to quickly or look streaky at all.
- Natural matte finish. Provides a matte looks with a hint of a fresh glow. Doesn’t look dry, flat or flakey at all.
- Staying power. Wears for about 8-12 hours depending on your skin type, and how often you blot/powder.
- The price- only $24.50!
- Didn’t irritate my skin or cause dryness.
- Helped control and reduce breakouts.
- Only 8 shades available. Not a variety of undertones available.
- May cause extra dryness for those with very dry or combination dry skin.
- Not good if you are already taking acne medication, or if you have extremely sensitive skin.
Overall, I really love this foundation! It is perhaps one of the best I’ve ever used. I would definitely repurchase! I think this would be great for summer and warmer climates. In general, this reminds me a lot of my Make Up Forever Mat Velvet +. So if you like that, then you’ll definitely like this!