The Lancome Teint Idole Freshwear foundation is a fairly new product from Lancome. I purchased it this summer after being enticed by magazine ads and positive reviews by TiffanyD and MakeupMandi. I was looking for a good summer foundation with a long wearing matte finish and oil control capabilities, and this foundation seemed to be the perfect thing. I was impressed with some aspects of this foundation, however I also had problems with a other aspects. In this review I will details the claims, the pros and the cons of this foundation.
- 18-Hour worry free makeup
- Weightless moderate coverage for a matte pore-less finish
- Complexion remains shine free from morning until night even under humidity and perspiration
- SPF 15 for protection against UV damage
- Lightweight foundation with a thin consistency.
- Feels like real skin.
- SPF protection is good for summer.
- Easy to apply. Very blendable, creamy texture.
- Pore minimizing, matte finish.
- Comes in 27 shades in 4 different “intensity” levels.
- Nice packaging. Easy to use.
- You don’t have to finish it with a powder if you don’t want to.
- You don’t have to use a lot of product- a little goes a long way.
- Large range of shades in Neutral, Warm and Cool undertones.
- Sales assistants give samples if you want to try before you buy!
- High price tag- $32.00 for only .80 fluid oz of product (most foundations come with at least 1 fluid oz).
- Color spectrum has limited Neutral shades in the second intensity level.
- Does not live up to 18-hour shine-free product claims.
- While having SPF protection in this foundation is nice, SPF 15 is pretty standard. Perhaps a stronger SPF level (say 30-45) would have been better for a foundation designed for summer use.
- High alcohol content may dry out your skin.
- Over powdering with this foundation will make it look cakey and dry.
- Matte finish diminished fairly quickly for a more natural, or “dewy” finish.
- Not resistant to perspiration or humidity.
I think this is a good product with a beautiful matte finish when first applied, however as the day goes on the foundation started looking shiny and didn’t work well with controlling my oil. If the product hadn’t made so many large claims about longevity and oil control capabilities I wouldn’t have been so disappointed with this foundation. I plan to continue to try this out throughout the fall as the weather gets cooler and see if I like it any better, however I don’t think I will be re-purchasing it in the future. Had the product lived up to its claims I wouldn’t have had any problem spending $32.00 on a foundation, however at $32.00 for only .8 oz of product I don’t think this is a good value. Additionally, I wasn’t able to find my exact color match due to the absence of neutral shades in the second intensity level so I don’t think there is a perfect color match available for me.
For more information on this product, view my review video!